I saw this recipe on Budget Bytes and altered it to match the contents of my kitchen.
Here’s my ingredient list
- 225g/8oz minced beef (from my freezer)
- Half an onion (starting to look sorry for itself)
- 225g/8oz pasta shapes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup half & half (from my freezer)
- 0.5 cup shredded miscellaneous cheese in fridge
- 1 tsp mustard powder (as I didn’t have Parmesan cheese)
Here’s what I did
- Start cooking pasta (in my awesome Tupperware microwave pasta cooker)
- Add butter to pan
- Add finely chopped onion and garlic to pan. Cook for a few minutes (for onion to soften)
- Add minced beef to pan and brown
- Add the frozen peas and cook for a few minutes to defrost
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Stir in half & half and mustard powder. Simmer for up to five minutes.
- Stir in cooked drained pasta and cheese.